The following is a list of musts that your marcher will need to look and smell their best on the field this season.
- ALL FRESHMEN (except color guard) must order marching shoes. Ordering shoes was included in the original band paperwork and was most likely paid for in April. If not, they should do so now. If you check your most recent band statement, it will list “Shoes” on an invoice if you have already ordered shoes.
- VETERANS: They need to try on their shoes to make sure they fit. This is for their comfort and safety. Shoe orders must be made prior to the start of band camp.
*ALL fittings will be handled during band camp.*
Cost: $40.00 (Include your child’s name in the memo section, and “Shoes”.)
Checks payable to: Milford Band Boosters
Mail to: Milford Band Boosters; P.O. Box 204; Milford, OH 45150
Payment must be received prior to the start of band camp to purchase new shoes.
A shoe pick-up schedule will be sent out as soon as the shoes arrive. The person picking up the shoes will need to sign for the shoes, and the shoes need to be paid for in full at that time.
GARMENTS – What to Wear Under Uniform
- All marchers are to wear a BLACK, form fitting compression type shirt (with sleeves) and shorts under their uniform (i.e. Under Armour or any brand). No baggy/boxer type shorts or T-shirts.
- All marchers are to wear BLACK SOCKS to wear with their uniform.
- Girls need hair ties and/or nets to put hair up under the hat.
- Boys with long hair must wear a hair net to keep hair under the hat.
- PLEASE remind your child to use deodorant. This helps keep the uniforms fresh. The less we have to wash uniforms the longer they will last.
- It would be helpful to send in a dryer sheet to place in their uniform bag.
We are looking forward to working with your students to keep them looking sharp on the field. Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Additional Required Uniform Pieces
In addition to ordering shoes, each member must order a red short sleeved polo for summer performances, and a black soft shell jacket (guard can purchase a special jacket that allows for more movement). Orders and sizes are indicated on the Band Fees page of the band packet. The shoes, polo, and jacket can be used all four years as long as they are in good condition, and do not need to be reordered every year. Members must also furnish their own black shorts.
Black band jacket (Guard order a different band jacket that allows for more movement), which is a required piece of the MHS marching band uniform (previous years’ members will also need to order one if they have lost, outgrown or damaged theirs). The jackets are monogrammed with the student’s first initial and last name.
Red polo shirt (previous years’ members will also need to order one if they have lost, outgrown or damaged theirs). Shirts come in both men’s and ladies’ sizes. Ladies’ polos are more fitted, so order a Men’s size if extra room is needed.