- The 2019-2020 Band Camp Schedule is available for download here.
- Freshman & New Marchers, if you ever have questions, please contact the Freshman/New Marcher Communication’s chairperson.
The following items are required for band camp and all rehearsals:
- Instrument/equipment and music
- White t-shirts (must wear one during every rehearsal, so have plenty!)
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Water jug (at least ½ gallon sized, marked with student’s name)
- Hat / Sun Visor
- Towel (cooling towel and/or one to dry off)
- Low-cut tennis shoes (no sandals or high-tops)
- Small memo book with pencil
- Change of clothes in case of bad weather (esp. dry socks and t-shirt)
- Bag lunch (camp only)
Band camp days are long and hot. To prepare for this, students should arrive with their ½ gallon water jug filled with water before practice daily. There will be opportunities for students to refill throughout the day. Only water should be in their ½ gallon jugs – Gatorade is great for lunch but should not be in the jugs used for rehearsals.
Students must wear a white t-shirt (preferably with sleeves) every day. Waterproof sunscreen/sunblock is necessary; a hat and sunglasses are a good idea. Consider purchasing a cooling towel for your student’s neck. It’s also a good idea to have a small duffle bag or cinch sac to put hold all of these supplies.
During band camp, volunteer parent chaperones are on site each day to assist students with water, first aid, etc. Volunteers are also needed to help serve dinner and uniform fittings/prep. Sign Up Genius links will be emailed to all band families, will be located on the band website, and will be posted on the band booster Facebook page. Some basics to note:
- Always have the student at any band rehearsal at least 15 minutes early. This allows them time to get their instrument ready and be at their designated spot at the start of rehearsal.
- Rehearsals can run long, especially during the later days of camp. Please be patient.
- If you are dropping off something that a student forgot, please find a chaperone. Any chaperones will be able to get the item(s) to your child. Do not interrupt the directors or students during rehearsal.
- Chaperones are usually positioned near the south edge of the main parking lot during outside rehearsal times.