The Marching Band performs at halftime of each Friday night home football game. Students should plan to stay after school for rehearsal and dinner before they get ready to perform at the game. They will need a packed dinner, or a food delivery between 4-5pm.
2020 home football games are currently scheduled on:
- August 28 (vs. Edgewood)
- September 11 (vs Walnut Hills)
- September 25 (vs Loveland / Homecoming)
- October 2 (vs Winton Woods)
- October 23 (vs Lebanon / Senior Night)
The directors will provide detailed itineraries for each game ahead of time. These itineraries are posted in the event details at milfordbands.org/calendar. They are also made available through the weekly Band Boosters newsletter and on the Band’s social media channels.
Typical Friday Football Schedule
On Football Fridays, students need to bring everything to school that they will need for the entire day (uniform gear, instrument, food, etc.) Remember that Football Fridays are long days!
- 6:30am — Pep Band
- This is an optional performance in school atrium, open to any Band members who wish to participate. Students should arrive with instruments ready to play the school fight song and other game music.
- 2:30-4:00pm — Sectional Rehearsals
- 4:00-5:00pm — Dinner
- Students are NOT allowed to leave school grounds during the dinner break. Individual sections sometimes coordinate dinners. Check with your student ahead of time to see if they need a packed dinner or money for their section’s dinner plans.
- 5:00pm — Uniforms / Warm-up
- Change into performance attire and warm up.
- 6:00pm (approximately) — Depart for stadium
- 9:30pm (approximately) — Game over / Return to Band Room
- Students will be ready for pick-up ~15 minutes after returning to the Band Room.
Friday Night Band Parties
Band Parties happen on Friday nights after home football games when there is not a competition the next day. These parties are hosted by the parents of senior band members, and all current Marching Band members are invited. Parties are chaperoned by band parents, and are a safe and fun way for the kids to socialize after a home game. Party locations and details are provided in the weekly Band Boosters newsletter.
Away games are handled on a game-by-game basis. The directors will provide an itinerary and travel plans well in advance of the game. For the 2020 season, the Band is currently not scheduled to travel to any away games.
Home Game Volunteer Opportunities
There are several opportunities for parents to volunteer during home football games, including:
- Helping the Hospitality Committee with serving cookies and water after the halftime performance
- Helping the Pit/Equipment Committee with moving instruments and props onto and off of the field
- Helping the Chaperones Committee as a parent chaperone
Check the website at milfordbands.org/volunteer for the latest volunteer sign-ups. These are also made available in the weekly Band Boosters newsletter and on the Band’s social media channels.