What is Winter Show?
- Winter show is a daylong competition of winter guard and indoor percussion from around the tri-state area. There are usually 30-36 teams and over 1,000 spectators attending throughout the day. Food and merchandise vendors attend the event, in addition to the boosters providing a complete menu concession stand.
- The winter show is a major fundraiser for the band program.
When and Where is Winter Show?
- Winter show is usually held between the last week in February and the middle of March. The competition occurs in the large gymnasium at the high school.
How Can I Help?
- In addition to many opportunities to help by volunteering during the day, we have a need for “Team Leaders” that will be in charge of a specific area of the event, i.e. concessions, parking, volunteers, ticket sales, etc.
- To enable us to cover all of the volunteer needs throughout the day, we ask that all band students volunteer and give a few hours of their time, as well as a parent or family member of each band member. Admission to the competition is free to those that volunteer, and food vouchers may be available.
The proceeds from this and all fundraisers helps to keep band fees to a minimum.