Our volunteer goal is that every parent volunteers two times or more during marching band season (July – November), and three times or more during the school year. Volunteer opportunities come up all year long, and are publicized in the weekly newsletter and through social media channels. Please see current opportunities below.
|Parent Volunteers for New Marcher Week|
July 15 – 19
|Want to see what your new band marcher is doing for the next three weeks? Interested in what a parent chaperone does for band camp? Volunteer for a short shift during New Marcher Week and find out!|
|Band Camp Chaperones|
July 22 – August 1
|Assist marchers during camp and breaks, and help with lunches.|
July 23 – 31
|No sewing required! Help band members to on uniforms, shoes, hats, etc. to make sure of fit, and record size and/or number by marchers name.|
July 29 – August 1
|Help us provide lunches for our directors and clinicians during the final week of Band Camp.|
|Band Camp Dinner Volunteers|
July 29 – August 1
|Help with dinner setup, serving, and cleanup for the Band and Guard during the 12 hour camp days.|
(More information here.)
|Help the Boosters staff volunteer shifts at this food truck and music festival, featuring a performance by the Marching Band! Band Boosters will receive a $1500 donation in appreciation for our volunteer work.|
- Every member of the Milford Band family is valuable and everyone’s time, efforts, and talents are unique gifts that are appreciated, respected, recognized, and never taken for granted.
- Volunteers provide our organization with credibility, expertise, insight, diversity, and perspective that enlightens our operations, helps fulfill our mission, and engages the community in our activities.
- Volunteers are responsible for the quality of their work, their conduct while representing Milford Band, and for meeting their commitment to event or activity.
- Be on time, honor your commitment and come when scheduled.
- Sign in and out when you arrive to volunteer.
- Know your duties and stay on task.
- Cooperate with staff and your fellow volunteers to maintain a team attitude.
- Voice your opinions and contribute your suggestions to improve work.
- Treat all volunteers, staff, and attendees of the event with respect.