This is an update on the Milford Bands trip to Walt Disney World, currently scheduled for January 2021. We reached out to Greg Moore at Music Travel Consultants for an update on the trip. His response is below.
After further discussion, the Milford Band Boosters Board has resolved that we will hold off on making any final decisions on the trip until early October 2020. We feel this time frame is late enough in the year to make an informed decision about the trip, but still well before the final cancellation deadline.
From Greg Moore (Music Travel Consultants):
Here are some updates and additional details regarding the upcoming January 2021 Disney Performance Tour. In regards to cancellation…regardless if an individual cancelled or if the entire group cancelled, all tour costs would be refundable, EXCEPT for the $50 non-refundable deposit, if cancellation took place prior to NOVEMBER 15, 2020. Within 60 days prior to departure, all tour funds are non-refundable.
Our recommendation is for ALL Travelers to consider the optional Travel Insured International coverage which includes Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR). Under this coverage, Travelers may then cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive up to 75% of all non-refundable costs. This optional insurance MUST be purchased prior to the Traveler making their final trip payment to Music Travel Consultants. Information on purchasing this coverage is available in the original flier (LINK), or by contacting Music Travel Consultants at https://www.musictravel.com/talk-to-us.html.
The one-time premium for the optional coverage is based on tour price and is as follows:
- $61.50 per person for tour prices in the range of $1,001 – $1,500 (Quad/Triple/Twin Occupancies)
- $81.00 per person for tour prices in the range of $1,501 – $2,000 (Single Occupancy)
We do understand the concerns expressed by parents, teachers, and administrators regarding the current global crisis. We all have hope that a “normal” travel environment will return well in advance of January 2021. In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the current situation and will continue utilizing the following sources from which Music Travel Consultants obtains pertinent information regarding travel safety, in general, and most recently, COVID-19.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- US health protection agency
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- official United Nations agency responsible for international public health
- Department of State
- mostly for international travel information and restrictions
- Department of Homeland Security
- mostly for domestic travel information and restrictions
- SYTA (Student Youth Travel Association)
- This group provides student tour operators with the most recent information within the student travel industry (including for Coronavirus).
- This is a service with which Music Travel Consultants contracts to provide global intelligence information (not through the lens of the media or a specific government) with specific alerts regarding weather, medical information and social and political unrest.
Please review the attached Decision to Destination: The Student Travel Process document from the Student & Youth Travel Association (SYTA). SYTA uses this document to address the entire tour operator travel planning process for student groups. This document helps to clarify how tour funds are distributed to vendors throughout the planning process, and why they cannot be easily refunded in full prior to travel starting. Additional information is available at https://syta.org/tag/coronavirus.
Need Additional Information?
- Additional insight into the current situation can be found at: https://www.musictravel.com/frequently-asked-questions-cancellations.php
- Any traveler or parent wishing to communicate directly with Music Travel Consultants may do so by going to https://www.musictravel.com/talk-to-us.html.