Beginning August 2018, District policy requires a background check of all volunteers working directly with children who are not under the direct supervision of a Milford staff member. For Band, this includes parents traveling with students on away trips and competitions. At present, equipment volunteers who do not work directly with students do not need a background check.
Two options are available:
- A background check through the District’s Raptor Visitor Management System costs $25 and is valid for five years. Click here to access the Raptor website.
- A background check through the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) costs $40 and is also valid for five years. BCI checks are conducted at a BMV License Bureau and require fingerprinting.
All background checks are conducted at the volunteer’s expense. Background checks conducted through an employer may be acceptable; if you have one, please provide a copy. Contact the Boosters President (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
Raptor Background Check
- Click here to access the Raptor website.
- From the list of volunteer opportunities (chaperone/field trip, classroom helper, etc.) select the volunteer activities you will be involved in.
- Complete and submit the on-line volunteer application. It is important that the information you enter on the application matches your government-issued identification card including your full legal name.
- Upon approval, you will receive instructions on the next steps. The $25 application fee to complete the background check is payable online.
- Volunteers will receive an email from Raptor Tech once the application has been approved. Applications may take up to 72 hours to be processed.
- All information collected on the application will remain confidential and will not be shared outside the volunteer program.
BCI Background Check
- Click here for additional information on BCI background checks.
- Upon completion of the BCI background check, please arrange for electronic results to be sent the Milford Board of Education.
- Please arrange for hard copy results to be sent to the Board of Education (1099 State Route 131, Milford OH 45150).
- We recommend that you get a receipt and keep it until the hard copy of the BCI background check has been received by the District.